Reasons for choosing private lessons
There are many reasons why people choose private lessons, but here are just a few examples we have come across:
- The rusty returners – people who have danced before but are a bit rusty and want to refresh their memories and see how they get on before dancing in public
- The pre-cruise planners – couples going on a cruise who want to improve their dancing before their trip
- The introvert toe-dippers – some folks are embarrassed at first (or just shy) and prefer a quite, private, nurturing environment where they can build their confidence
- The slow learners – those who have found the pace of group lessons a bit fast and want to consolidate their learning in between lessons with more personal attention
- The fast learners – those who have found the pace of group lessons a bit slow and want to make progress at their own rate
- The schedule squeezers – for people with busy diaries, who can’t make a group session and need lessons at convenient times
- The relationship re-igniters – dancing is such a great way to reconnect with your partner. There is nothing more romantic than dancing. You have to co-operate, and you will certainly have fun together!
Private dance lessons for children
We offer private lessons for children, to help build confidence, to focus on a specific style or to train for a competition, examination or audition. Our teachers are nurturing and experienced experts keen to encourage a love of dance in all their pupils.
We offer private lessons in many different styles, including ballroom, latin, Argentine tango, streetdance, line dance, tap, modern etc. The beauty of private lessons is that we can tailor the lesson to your exact requirements. So you can choose to focus on one dance, run through several dances or steps, change the pace or try out some new variations. All lessons take place in the privacy of our own private professional dance studio. Our teachers have performed and competed in many dance styles and are all experienced professionals.
Private lesson details
- Length of lessons 1/2 hour or 1 hour
- Available on weekdays at a time to suit you
- Please contact us for details of prices for singles, couples or groups
- Book a block of 10 lessons and pay in advance for a 10 % discount
- Private lessons take place in our private studio with a professionally qualified choreographer/teacher
Learn from the best at Danceworks Devon. We are committed to sharing our passion for dance with you!
For more information and bookings please contact us.
Looking for wedding dance lessons? Please visit our wedding dances page.
Please note: All private lesson bookings require full payment when booking. If you are unable to attend private lessons or have to reschedule you must do so at least 24hrs prior to the booking otherwise you will be charged. You are not entitled to a refund if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice. For full details please see our Terms and Conditions page.