Danceworks Devon needs to gather and use certain information about individuals. These can include customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or may need to contact.
This policy describes how this personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet the company’s data protection standards and to comply with the law.
Danceworks Devon’s registered office is: 41 East Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2JP.
Why this policy exists:
This policy ensures that Danceworks Devon:
- Complies with data protection law and follows good practice;
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and partners;
- Is open about how it stores and processes individuals’ data; and
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our website; and
- people who do business with us or register for our service.
The information we collect:
- postal address;
- email address;
- telephone number; and
- any other information relating to individuals.
How we will use the information about you:
We gather this information to allow us to provide the services requested and to respond to any query which you might raise with us. The relevant information is then used by us to communicate with you on any matter relating to the conduct of your instructions in general. If you agree, we may also contact you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring website usage in order to help us to develop our website and our services. We may also provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our website or any other service we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an email message to email@example.com.
If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date. Each marketing email which we send to you will contain an easy link to unsubscribe from future communications.
How we protect your information:
We have put in place the following security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information: firewalls, browser certification technology, encryption, limited access and use of passwords.
When data is stored on paper, it will be kept in a secure place where unauthorised people cannot see it. These guidelines also apply to data that is usually stored electronically but has been printed out for some reason.
- When not required, the paper or files will be kept in a locked drawer or filing cabinet;
- Employees will make sure paper and printouts are not left where unauthorised people could see them; and
- Data printouts will be shredded and disposed of securely when no longer required.
When data is stored electronically, it will be protected from unauthorised access, accidental deletion and malicious hacking attempts.
- Data will be protected by strong passwords that are changed regularly and never shared;
- If data is stored on removable media (like a CD, USB or DVD), these will be kept locked away securely when not being used;
- Data will only be stored on designated drives and servers, and will only be uploaded to approved cloud computing services;
- Data is backed up frequently and backups are tested regularly;
- Data will never be saved directly to personal devices; and
- Servers and computers containing data are protected by approved security software and a firewall.
We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information. However, you should be aware that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal information which is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Access to your information and updating and correcting your information:
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Rob Mason, 41 East Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2JP.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Danceworks Devon changes (for example if you change your email address or name), please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com or send a letter to Rob Mason, 41 East Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2JP.
You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
By submitting your personal information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
How to contact Danceworks Devon:
Links to other websites: